SSI Assistant Instructor
The SSI Assistant Instructor Training Course provides candidates with the knowledge and training necessary to perform the duties of an assistant instructor. These duties include conducting entry-level scuba training under the indirect supervision of an Open Water Instructor, and independently conducting Scuba Skills Updates, Try Scuba, and Perfect Buoyancy programs.
Benefits of Completing the SSI Assistant Instructor in Cozumel
When you complete the Assistant Instructor certification with Salty Endeavors you are…
Prerequisites & Requirements For SSI Assistant Instructor
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Have logged at least 60 open water dives totaling 40 hours or more.
- Active status Divemaster
Requirements for Completing the SSI Assistant Instructor certification
- Log at least 75 open water dives totaling 50 hours or more.
- Read and complete Sections 1-6, including reviews and assessments, of the Instructor Training Course digital eLearning.
- Complete Academic Sessions 1-6 as outlined in the instructor manual for the Instructor Training Course.
- Complete the program’s final exam.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more
than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- Pass all requirements and evaluations for Practical Application Sessions 1-7 as outlined in the instructor manual for the Instructor Training Course.
SSI Assistant Instructor
- Incudes all SSI fees and materials
- Does not include lodging
- Plus Mexico IVA
Detailed Overview of your SSI Assistant Instructor Schedule
- Welcome 2-tank morning fun dives
- Academic Session 1 – Overview of SSI
- Academic Session 2 – Duties of an SSI Pro
- Practical Application Session 1 – Water Fitness Evaluation
- Practical Applicaiton Session 2 – Open Water Diver
- Academic Session 3 – Program Administration
- Academic Session 4 – Academic Sessions
- Practical Application Session 2 – Academic Presentation: Open Water Diver
- Academic Session 5 – In Water Teaching
- Practical Application Session 4: Academic Presentation: Try Scuba & Scuba Rangers
- Practical Application Session 5 – Academic Session: Open Water Diver and Scuba Skills Update
- Practical Application Session 6 – Confined Water Presentation: Part 1
- Morning 2-tank fun dive
- Practical Application Session 7 – Confined Water Presentation: Part 2
- Academic Session 6 – Assistant Instructor Program
- Material Review
- Final Exam
- Program Performance Review
- Congratulations Party for becoming an SSI Assistant Instructor!
Locations for your SSI Assistant Instructor coursework
Your Cozumel SSI Assistant Instructor certifcation will primarily take place in these three locations – our habor for boat dives, Tikila Beach for shore dives, and of course our classroom.
Harbor - Boats
Classroom - Pool
Need help with lodging?
Prefer to call us?
Call from USA (312) 757 - 6167
From Mexico dial 987 - 119 - 3731
WhatsApp Free International text and calling +521 - 987 - 119 - 3731
Wouldn't you rather be Salty?