Navigation Specialty Course
To become a safe and confident diver, it is critical to develop an understanding of underwater navigation. You will learn how to navigate with a compass, and how to apply natural navigation skills, estimate distances, navigate different search patterns, find your way to marking points, and be able to get back to the exit point.
The SSI Navigation Specialty Program will teach you to navigate with a compass and how to apply natural navigation skills.
You will also learn to estimate distances, navigate different search patterns, find your way to different marking points, and be able to get back to the exit point at any time.
Benefits of Learning Navigation
You will learn the tool of the trade, including navigation using naural references and by following compass headings. During two dives, you will practice:
- Natural Navigation
- Compass Navigation
- Combing both Compass and Natural Navigation
- Special Navagation Situations
Prerequisites & Requirements For Deep Diving
- Minimum Age 10 years
- Open Water Certified (SSI, PADI, or any any agency equivilent)
- Minimum two (2) open water dives
- Class duration of one (1) days
- Credit this certification towards your SSI Dive Guide certification
Approximate Class Schedule
- Completion of eLearning by student
- Doubt clearning and dive briefing by Salty Endeavors Instructor
- Two (2) morning or afternoon dives at Tikila Reef
- Online final exam
- Certification processing!
Underwater Navigation Certification
- Plus Mexico IVA
Prefer to call us?
Call from USA (312) 757 - 6167
From Mexico dial 987 - 119 - 3731
WhatsApp Free International text and calling +521 - 987 - 119 - 3731
Wouldn't you rather be Salty?