Wrecks are hidden treasure troves lying beneath the waves. Countless man-made vessels have sunk, either intentionally or accidentally, providing unique opportunities to dive among the remains of human history.
These wrecks provide us with endless opportunities for exploration, but they may have hidden hazards. To safely dive on a wreck, a diver must be aware of these hazards, and have additional knowledge and experience to correctly evaluate them.
Taking the SSI Wreck Diving program provides you with in-depth information on the necessary skills, equipment, knowledge and experience required to safely conduct non-penetration wreck dives. If you are interested in wreck penetration, this program is a prerequisite for the SSI Extended Range Advanced Wreck Diving program.
Benefits of Earning the Wreck Diver Certification
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. During four dives you’ll learn:
- Selecting a Wreck suitable fro your skill level
- Wreck diving equipment
- Locating a wreck
- Diving the wreck
- Portential Hazards of a Wreck Dive
Prerequisites & Requirements For Deep Diving
- Minimum Age 10 years
- Open Water Certified (SSI, PADI, or any any agency equivilent)
- One academic session
- Minimum two (2) open water dives
- Class duration of one (1) or two (2) day(s)
- Credit this certification towards your SSI Dive Guide certification and also your SSI Advanced Wreck Diving certification
- Perfect class to pair with our Nitrox certification!
Approximate Class Schedule
- Completion of eLearning by student
- Doubt clearning and dive briefing by Salty Endeavors
- Day 1 – 1 or 2-tanks at a ship wreck
- Day 2 – if required, 1-tank at a ship wreck
- Online final exam
- Certification processing!
Wreck Diver CertificationRecreational
- Plus Mexico IVA
Prefer to call us?
Call from USA (312) 757 - 6167
From Mexico dial 987 - 119 - 3731
WhatsApp Free International text and calling +521 - 987 - 119 - 3731
Wouldn't you rather be Salty?