Science of Diving Specialty Certification
Earning your Open Water Diver certification opens up a new underwater world, filled with opportunities to learn about physics, physiology and chemistry, and how they affect the human body while scuba diving.
Your education does not have to end with your entry-level certification. The training provided in the SSI Science of Diving program increases your understanding of these topics, and provides you with additional information about decompression theory, and the components of your Total Diving System and its accessories.
Good divers are always learning. Our goal is to improve your knowledge of the aquatic environment and the sport of recreational scuba diving, and to ensure that you enjoy every aspect of your diving experience.
Benefits of Earning the Science of Diving Certification
The Science of Diving program provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
Prerequisites & Requirements for Science of Diving
- Minimum Age 10 years
- Open Water Certified (SSI, PADI, or any any agency equivilent)
- Class duration of two 8-10 hours typically
- No dives required to complete this class – entirely theory
- Credit this certification towards your SSI Divemaster certification
- Perfect class to pair with our Nitrox certification!
Approximate Class Schedule
- Completion of eLearning by student
- Classroom lecture by senior SSI Instructors
- Online final exam
- Certification processing!
Science of Diving Certification
- Plus Mexico IVA
Prefer to call us?
Call from USA (312) 757 - 6167
From Mexico dial 987 - 119 - 3731
WhatsApp Free International text and calling +521 - 987 - 119 - 3731
Cozumel Vacation Packages
Wouldn't you rather be Salty?