Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort Packages
The Casa del Mar Cozumel dive resort package is ideal for the no-frills diver. Casa del Mar has been a main-stay of Cozumel, but unfortunately the property shows its age. It does offers comfortable lodging while not breaking the bank, but here is the thing: I like to be flat out honest with my clients so they know they can trust what I say. So the truth here is for the money, you can do better. I’m not saying you will have a bad experience at Casa del Mar – I doubt you would. I’m just saying its an old property that hasn’t been updated. Perhaps that has some charm to it, however? My recommendation would be to consider the Ocean view rooms or Cabanas. Those are more modern units, plus offer that Caribbean view. More on that below.
The property is situated a few miles south of downtown San Miguel, so you will need a taxi if you plan to regularly venture out in the city. It is also located slightly north of the cruise ships piers, the shopping mall and all that it entails. Casa del Mar is split on either side of Melgar Avenue, the main waterfront boulevard of Cozumel. The pier access and a small man-made beach are oceanfront (plus their in-house dive operator), while the pool and all accommodations are on the jungle side of the street.
Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort
Overall the grounds of Casa del Mar Cozumel are well manicured with attractive tropical arrangements and open grassy areas. A tennis court is in the rear of the property along with a basketball court, and a single large pool is butted up to Melgar Avenue. To cross to the waterfront beach area with palapas and dock you can use the pedestrian bridge. The only restaurant and bar for Casa del Mar exists around the pool area and is open air. That’s right, no indoor dining available.
Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort
Casa del Mar has a number of room levels to choose from. It begins with their Basic Standard room (prices listed) (296 square feet) with either a King Bed or two double beds. The the the room I’d suggest you avoid. A number of these rooms have windows opening to the parking lot and mechanical services division. If you are ground floor, there is a lot of car and truck traffic. Free WiFi access is in the hotel lobby, but available in the room for additional fees. At the minimum I would suggest an upgrade to a Superior Room (326 square feet) and gain a balcony or terrace with a pool or garden view, plus upgraded linens throughout the room. Otherwise the room still has that rustic charm to it.
The One Bedroom Family unit (532 square feet, up to 6 adults) and the Two Bedroom Family unit (807 square feet, up to 10 adults) are more modern units and obviously quite spacious, but again it opens to the parking lot at ground level. Also when the room is at capacity this people are sleeping on the sofa-sleepers. Both utilize Double-beds; two beds in the One Bedroom and four beds in the Two Bedroom unit. The Ocean View rooms is essentially the Superior Room with a view – but what a view it is! The balcony and view make up for the out dated room.
Rooms to Consider from Casa del Mar Cozumel
The rooms I liked while touring this property is the Deluxe Cabana (484 square feet) and the Two Bedroom Family Ocean View (904 square feet). Both of these units are open, bright, and more modern than the other rooms. The Deluxe Cabana offers many kitchen supplies like a toaster, refrigerator and microwave. However, something for consideration is despite having a kitchenette, no kitchen utensils are provided. Also, there is no in-room internet service available. You can use the free lobby WiFi, however.
I know it is cliche to say you want the ocean view and upgrade rooms at any resort, but at Casa del Mar Cozumel that I think is emphasized. Out of all the 86 units on the property, the Two Bedroom Family Ocean view is a unit I would consider. They are modern, spacious, and have that great Caribbean view. A King bed and two double beds is standard. And oh yeah, a great porch with a fantastic view.
All Rooms include:
- Direct dial phone
- Air conditioning with remote control
- 1 king or 2 double beds
- Cable TV with remote control
- Alarm clock
- Hangers in the shower area for your wet suits and bathing suits
- Complimentary safety deposit boxes at front desk (Subject to availability)
- Hair dryers, iron and ironing board available upon request at the front desk (Subject to availability)
- Cribs free (previous request and subject to availability)
- Free wireless internet service at the lobby area
- Wireless internet service in the rooms (Extra charges apply)
- 2 bottle water on check in day
Upgrade to the Superior Room for these amenities:
- Flat 39″ Cable TV with remote control
- Telephone ($)
- Hair dryer
- Iron & Ironing board
- Racks for diving equipment
- Room Service ($) (limited hours)
- Safety deposit box
- Balcony or Terrace
- 300 thread cotton bed linen
- Bathroom towels of the highest quality than the basic standard rooms
- Pillow menu: Soft & Standard
- Organic bath products
- Make-up Mirror
Casa del Mar Bonus
The Casa del Mar Hotel & Dive Resort provides all guests free access to the private Nachi-Cocom beach club. The beach club is located 10-15 minutes south of the resort along a pristine section of beach. You also receive a 20% discount on any food or drinks purchased from Nachi Cocom. Likewise, near the resort is the Del Mar Latino Beach Club. Here you will also receive a 20% discount on food and drinks.
Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort
Your Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort scuba package includes:
- 6 days of 2-tank boat dives
- Captain Victor has 30+ years working on boats in Cozumel
- Divemaster Raymundo has over 10,000 dives in the Cozumel Marine Park
- 200BAR / 3000psi Air-filled aluminum 80CF cylinders
- 60 minutes or longer bottom times*
- 60-70 minute minute surface interval between dives
- Complete setup, cylinder swap, and clean up of gear
- Scuba certifications available for an extra fee
- Microfiber towel for use on board the boat
- Reef-safe sunblock (Please note: non-reef-safe sunblock is not allowed in the Cozumel Marine Park)
- Cold water, fresh fruit, snacks on board the boat
- Rain jacket provided in the event of rain
- Dry bag provided
- Cleaning and overnight storage of personal gear if you are diving multiple days
- Rental gear is not included but is available for an additional $15 fee.
- Nitrox is available for an additional fee of $10 per cylinder
White glove service provides the perfect valet experience. You just show up and dive!
When you are diving with Salty Endeavors from Casa del Mar Hotel & Dive Resort all we ask you to do is show up on schedule. Our staff will have your gear ready on the boat before you arrive. From there you simply backroll onto the magical coral reefs of Cozumel and enjoy your dive. After dive one our staff will swap your air tank, plus have a dry towel and fresh fruit ready for you. Then again all you have to do is fall backwards into the water for us. After dive two we’ll drop you Casa del Mar Cozumel. Our staff will clean, dry, and safely secure your gear and have it ready to go for your next dive trip.
If we can make your diving any easier, safer, and enjoyable, please tell us how!
Casa del Mar Cozumel Boat Access
Casa del Mar Hotel & Dive Resort’s pier is at water’s edge which is perfect for our pick ups. Just steps down the beach you can step onto our boat and get whisked away to the incredible reefs of Cozumel.
There are many Upgrades and Add-ons available to complete your Casa del Mar Cozumel Dive Package
- Nitrox 32% is available ~ $10 / cylinder. Ask about 36% or 40%
- Aluminum 100 cu. ft cylinder ~ $5 / cylinder
- Aluminum 100 cu. ft. 32% cylinder ~ $15 / cylinder
- 2-tank excursion (4-tanks one day) ~ $80
- 1-tank Night Dive ~ Boat $60 Beach $40
- Scuba Equipment ~ $15 / day
- Torch / Flashlight ~ $10 / day
- SSI or PADI scuba certifications ~ Price varies
- El Cielo Charters ~ $400 and up
- Rental Car ~ $35 and up
- Tulum 2-tank Cenote Dives ~ $140 and up
- Playa del Carmen Bull Shark dive ~ $120 per diver
- Offshore Fishing half or full day ~ $550 and up
- Various inland tours ~ Price varies
- Triple or Quadruple Occupancy ~ $XXX per person diving not included
- Single Occupancy ~ $XXX and up
- Extra Day ~ $XXX and up per person based on double occupancy
Prefer to call us?
Call from USA (312) 757 - 6167
From Mexico dial 987 - 119 - 3731
WhatsApp Free International text and calling +521 - 987 - 119 - 3731
Wouldn't you rather be Salty?