El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel All Inclusive Dive Packages
The El Cid la Ceiba Resort is a long time player in Cozumel, however unlike some of the other older resorts of the island, El Cid (or “The Cid” as we call it) has done their best to keep the property fresh and modern. The property is nicely pressed up against the limestone coastline and keeping the entire resort on the ocean side of Melgar avenue. As a result it makes the property long but skinny. The space is well used to accent a nice garden area and an expansive waterfront.
Although you cannot walk into the water from the beach, the resort has done a nice job creating an elevated beach with easy access points to the ocean. This is a smaller property and will feel much like a hotel and not a resort. As you would expect, they also have a nice pier for us to pick you up at each day for diving. Snorkeling off the coast can be so-so. There is a lot of boat traffic servicing the cruise ships which means rarely will you see calm seas. Likewise, you don’t want to venture to far off the coastline.You may read rumors of a sunken airplane off the El Cid la Ceiba coast, but time and weather has long deteriorated it to nothing that is recognizable.
About that View
An interesting part about this resort is the location and view: El Cid la Ceiba is situated south of downtown Cozumel by about 5 minutes drive. Twenty years ago this was maybe an ideal location for its time. Today, maybe not so much. Immediately next door to El Cid la Ceiba Resort is the SSA International Cruise Ship Terminal. During the afternoon you are looking right at a cruise ship or ships as your ocean view. The International Pier (actually, two piers each holding up to two ships) is right off the coast of El Cid la Ceiba. Usually the ships are gone before sunset, but not always.
Also, immediately out the front door of El Cid is the various shopping centers you might expect to find outside the worlds busiest cruise ship terminals. I used a plural there because next door to SSA is the Puerta Maya Terminal for Carnival Cruises and add another four ships. As you might expect, the shopping centers can be lively during the day, and a ghost town at night.
7 Nights Stay, 6 Days DivingAll-Inclusive
El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel makes for a great dive getaway
Boasting two restaurants and two pools and an elevated beach area, El Cid la Ceiba makes it easy for you to mix in your scuba diving with a relaxing vacation. Access to downtown San Miguel is quick with a taxi. Walking the oceanfront public sidewalk makes for a great start to each morning. Shopping and restaurants are right outside the resort property. Plus a pier right on property to stop on and off our boats.
El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel Accommodations
The El Cid la Ceiba beach hotel only gives you two choices of rooms. Their base level room is the Deluxe Room. Your choice of a King bed or a Double bed with Queen sleeper sofa. At 317 sq ft is allows a maximum of 4 guests including children. Like all rooms at El Cid, this is ocean view. I might suggest asking for a unit not on the ground floor, however. A few Deluxe rooms have an available kitchenette, available by request on a first-come first-serviced basis.
The One Bedroom Suite gives you a bit more room to spread your wings. You are still only allowed a maximum of 4 guests, but now you have 836 sq ft to move about. An additional bonus is the King Bed in the main bedroom, plus a Queen sleeper sofa in the sitting area.
- Double Size bed plus Queen Sleeper sofa
- King bed plus Queen Sleeper sofa (upgrade required)
- Kitchenette (on some units)
- Balcony with hammocks
- Mini bar
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & ironing board (Upgrade required)
- Hairdryer and toiletries
- Safe deposit box
- Break, Lunch, Snacks, and Dinner
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Evening entertainment
- Shore snorkeling
- WiFi internet access
- 2 Freshwater pools
- Coffee maker
- Alarm clock
- Satellite television
Food & Drink at El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel
Two restaurants and a swim up bar offer varied dining opportunities at El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel. The Swim-up bar is open from 10am-10:30pm daily, but no food is available here – only drinks. For food, you’ll need to visit La Chopa, which is their oceanfront Mexican cuisine restaurant. This is the main dining area and is open from 7am – 10:30pm daily. Additionally, an excellent brick-oven pizza can be had from 2pm-10pm at Trattoria di Salvatore.
El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel
Your El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel Resort scuba package includes:
- 6 days of 2-tank boat dives
- Captain Victor has 30+ years working on boats in Cozumel
- Divemaster Raymundo has over 10,000 dives in the Cozumel Marine Park
- 200BAR / 3000psi Air-filled aluminum 80CF cylinders
- 60 minutes or longer bottom times*
- 60-70 minute minute surface interval between dives
- Complete setup, cylinder swap, and clean up of gear
- Scuba certifications available for an extra fee
- Microfiber towel for use on board the boat
- Reef-safe sunblock (Please note: non-reef-safe sunblock is not allowed in the Cozumel Marine Park)
- Cold water, fresh fruit, snacks on board the boat
- Rain jacket provided in the event of rain
- Dry bag provided
- Cleaning and overnight storage of personal gear if you are diving multiple days
- Rental gear is not included but is available for an additional $15 fee.
- Nitrox is available for an additional fee of $10 per cylinder
White glove service provides the perfect valet experience. You just show up and dive!
When you are diving with Salty Endeavors from El Cid la Ceiba Cozuimel all we ask you to do is show up on schedule. Our staff will have your gear ready on the boat before you arrive. From there you simply backroll onto the magical coral reefs of Cozumel and enjoy your dive. After dive one our staff will swap your air tank, plus have a dry towel and fresh fruit ready for you. Then again all you have to do is fall backwards into the water for us. After dive two we’ll drop you El Cid la Ceiba. Our staff will clean, dry, and safely secure your gear and have it ready to go for your next dive trip.
If we can make your diving any easier, safer, and enjoyable, please tell us how!
There are many Upgrades and Add-ons available to complete your El Cid la Ceiba Cozumel Dive Package
- Nitrox 32% is available ~ $10 / cylinder. Ask about 36% or 40%
- Aluminum 100 cu. ft cylinder ~ $5 / cylinder
- Aluminum 100 cu. ft. 32% cylinder ~ $15 / cylinder
- 2-tank excursion (4-tanks one day) ~ $80
- 1-tank Night Dive ~ Boat $60 Beach $40
- Scuba Equipment ~ $15 / day
- Torch / Flashlight ~ $10 / day
- SSI or PADI scuba certifications ~ Price varies
- El Cielo Charters ~ $400 and up
- Rental Car ~ $35 and up
- Tulum 2-tank Cenote Dives ~ $140 and up
- Playa del Carmen Bull Shark dive ~ $120 per diver
- Offshore Fishing half or full day ~ $550 and up
- Various inland tours ~ Price varies
- Triple or Quadruple Occupancy ~ Call
- Single Occupancy ~ Call
- Extra Day ~ Call
Prefer to call us?
Call from USA (312) 757 - 6167
From Mexico dial 987 - 111 - 9138
WhatsApp Free International text and calling +521 - 987 - 111 - 9138
Desde Mexico 987 - 112 - 4089
WhatsApp +521 - 987 - 112 - 4089
Wouldn't you rather be Salty?